Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
best team makeups for defeating the pet battle tamers
11-29-2012, 12:41 AM
best team makeups for defeating the pet battle tamers
Pet Battle Tamers

Unless you're just really freakin good at doing these pet battles, there is a good chance that you'll need certain types of pets to defeat the pet tamers in Outlands, Northrend, Cata, and Pandaria. I haven't had a chance to actually beat all of the tamers yet, due to the fact that I just don't have the right types of pets leveled to level 25 to be able to beat most of the tamers right. I'm currently stuck on Master Payne in Northrend. But I have found a lot of information about the tamers and the type of pets that are best to use against each tamer, so I figured I'd post the information here.

I'm not going to go into much detail about the pet battle tamers in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, since they are fairly easy to beat as long as you have three pets that are roughly the same level as each trainers pets.

Eastern Kingdoms Pet Tamers
  • Julia Stevens, level 2 pets (two beasts), Elwynn Forest.
  • Old MacDonald, level 3 pets (one flying, one mechanical, one critter), Westfall.
  • Lindsay, level 5 pets (three critters), Redridge Mountains.
  • Eric Davidson, level 7 pets (three beasts), Duskwood.
  • Steven Lisbane, level 9 pets (one magic, two beasts), Northern Stranglethorn.
  • Bill Buckler, level 11 pets (one humanoid, two flying), Cape of Stranglethorn.
- The first six tamers in Eastern Kingdoms can only be defeated by Alliance players.
- Defeating the above pet tamers on an alliance toon will open up the quests to defeat the second tier of tamers in Eastern Kingdoms. It will also open up the quest to defeat the second tier of tamers in Kalimdor.
  • David Kosse, level 13 pets (one beast, one magic, one critter), The Hinterlands.
  • Deiza Plaguehorn, level 14 pets (two beasts, one undead), Eastern Plaguelands.
  • Kortas Darkhammer, level 15 pets (three dragonkin), Searing Gorge.
  • Everessa, level 16 pets (one beast, one aquatic, one flying), Swamp of Sorrows.
  • Durin Darkhammer, level 17 pets (one flying, one critter, one elemental), Burning Steppes.
- Defeating the above pet tamers will open up the Eastern Kingdoms Grand Master pet tamer.
  • Lydia Accoste, level 19 pets (two undead, one elemental), Deadwind Pass.
- Defeating Lydia will reward you the Taming Eastern Kingdoms Achievement (this achievement can only be earned by Alliance players) and open up the Eastern Kingdoms pet battle daily quests. It will also open up the quest that sends you to Outlands to defeat the tamers there.

Kalimdor Pet Tamers
  • Zunta, level 2 pets (one critter, one beast), Durotar.
  • Dagra the Fierce, level 3 pets (two beasts, one critter), Northern Barrens.
  • Analynn, level 5 pets (one flying, one aquatic, one critter), Ashenvale.
  • Zonya the Sadist, level 7 pets (two beasts, one critter), Stonetalon Mountains.
  • Merda Stronghoof, level 9 pets (one elemental, one flying, one beast), Desolace.
  • Cassandra Kaboom, level 11 pets (three mechanical), Southern Barrens.
- The first six tamers in Kalimdor can only be defeated by Horde players.
- Defeating the above pet tamers on a horde toon will open up the quests to defeatthe second tier of tamers in Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms.
  • Traitor Gluk, level 11-13 pets (one dragonkin, one critter, one beast), Feralas.
  • Grazzle the Great, level 14 pets (three dragonkin), Dustwallow Marsh.
  • Kela Grimtotem, level 15 pets (one beast, two critters), Thousand Needles.
  • Zoltan, level 16 pets (two magic, one mechanical), Felwood.
  • Elena Flutterfly, level 17 pets (one magic, one flying, one dragonkin), Moonglade.
- Defeating the above pet tamers will open up the Kalimdor Grand Master pet tamer.
  • Trixxy, level 19 pets (one flying, one beast, one dragonkin), Winterspring.
- Defeating Trixxy will reward you the Taming Kalimdor achievement (horde only) and open up the Kalimdor pet battle daily quests.

Outlands Pet Tamers
  • Nicki Tinytech, level 20 pets (three mechnical), Hellfire Peninsula.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is three elemental pets.
  • Ras'an, level 21 pets (one magic, one humanoid, one flying), Zangarmarsh.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is one dragonkin (use against Tripod), one undead (use against Fungor), one magic (use against Glitterfly).
  • Narrok, level 22 pets (one critter, one aquatic, one beast), Nagrand.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is one beast (use against Dramaticus), one flying (use against Prince Wart), one mechanical (use against Stompy).
  • Morulu the Elder, level 23 pets (three aquatic), Shattrath.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is three flying pets.
- Defeating these four tamers will open up the quest to defeat the Outlands Grand Master pet tamer.
  • Bloodknight Antari, level 24 pets (one magic, one elemental, one dragonkin), Shadowmoon Valley.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is one dragonkin (use against Arcanus), one aquatic (use against Jadefire), one humanoid (use against Netherbite).
- Defeating Bloodknight Antari will reward the Taming Outland achievement and open up the Outland pet battle daily quests. It will also open up the quest to move on to the Northrend pet tamers.

Northrend Pet Tamers
  • Beegle Blastfuse, level 25 pets (two flying, one aquatic), Howling Fjord.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is two magic (use against Dinner and Gobbles), one flying (use against Warble).
  • Nearly Headless Jacob, level 25 pets (three undead), Crystalsong Forest.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is three critter pets.
  • Okrut Dragonwaste, level 25 pets (one dragonkin, two undead), Dragonblight.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is one humanoid (use against Drogar), two critter (use against Sleet and Rot)
  • Gutretch, level 25 pets (two beasts, one critter), Zul'Drak.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is two mechanical (use against Cadavus and Fleshrender), one beast (use against Blight).
- Defeating these four tamers will open up the quest to defeat the Northrend Grand Master pet tamer.
  • Major Payne, level 25 pets (one beast, one mechanical, one elemental), Icecrown.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is one mechanical (use against Grizzle), one elemental (use against Beakmaster X225), one aquatic (use against Bloom).
- Defeating Major Payne will reward the Taming Northrend achievement and open up the Northrend pet battle daily quests. It will also open up the quest to move on to the Cataclysm pet tamers.

Cataclysm Pet Tamers
  • Brok, level 25 pets (one beast, one magic, one critter), Mount Hyjal.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is one mechanical (use against Ashtail), one dragonkin (use against Kali), one beast (use against Incinderous)
  • Bordin Steadyfist, level 25 pets (two elemental, one critter), Deepholm.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is two aquatic (use against Ruby and Fracture), one beast (use against Crystallus).
  • Goz Banefury, level 25 pets (one elemental, one magic, one beast), Twilight Highlands.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is one aquatic (use against Twilight), one dragonkin (use against Amythel), one mechanical (use against Helios).
- Defeating these three tamers will open up the quest to defeat the Cataclysm Grand Master pet tamer.
  • Obalis, level 25 pets (one beast, one flying, one critter), Uldum.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is one mechanical (use against Pyth), one magic (use against Spring), one beast (use against Clatter).
- Defeating Obalis will reward the Taming Cataclysm achievement and open up the Cataclysm pet battle daily quests. It will also open up the quest to move on to the Pandaria pet tamers.

Pandaria Pet Tamers
  • Hyuna of the Shrines, level 25 pets (one aquatic, one flying, one beast), The Jade Forest.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is one flying (use against Dor the Wall), one magic (use against Skyshaper), one mechanical (use against Fangor).
  • Farmer Nishi, level 25 pets (one beast, two elemental), Valley of the Four Winds.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is one mechanical (use against Brood of Mothran), two aquatic (use against Siren and Toothbreaker).
  • Mo'ruk, level 25 pets (one aquatic, one flying, one beast), Krasarang Wilds.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is one flying (use against Needleback), one magic (use against Lighstalker), one mechanical (use against Woodcarver).
  • Courageous Yon, level 25 pets (one flying, one critter, one beast), Kun-Lai Summit.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is one magic (use against Piqua), one beast (use against Lapin), one mechanical (use against Bleat).
  • Seeker Zusshi, level 25 pets (one elemental, one critter, one aquatic), Townlong Steppes.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is one aquatic (use against Diamond), one beast (use against Mollus), one flying (use against Skimmer).
  • Wastewalker Shu, level 25 pets (one aquatic, one beast, one elemental), Dread Wastes.
- The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is one flying (use against Crusher), one mechanical (use against Mutilator), one aquatic (use against Pounder).
- Defeating these six tamers will open up the quest to defeaut the Pandaria Grand Master pet tamer.
  • Aki the Chosen, level 25 pets (one critter, one dragonkin, one aquatic), Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is one humonoid (use against Stormlash), one beast (use against Chirrup), one flying (use against Whiskers).
- Defeating Aki the Chosen will reward the Taming Pandaria achievement and open up the Pandaria pet battle daily quests.
- Defeating Aki the Chosen will also reward you Taming Azeroth achievement, which will reward you the title Tamer.
- Defeating Aki the Chosen will also reward the achievement I Choose You and you will recieve a Heavy Sack of Gold, which contains 3000 gold.
- Defeating Aki the Chosen will open up the Pandaren Spirit Tamers quest.

Pandaren Spirit Tamers
- I haven't been able to find the actual names of all of spirit tamer's pets yet, I'll update this as I find the information.
  • Thundering Pandaren Spirit, level 25 legendary pets (one elemental, one critter, one beast), Vale of Eternal Blossoms.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is one aquatic (use against elemental), one beast (use against critter), one mechanical (use against beast).
  • Whispering Pandaren Spirit, level 25 legendary pets (one critter, one dragonkin, one elemental), The Jade Forest.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is one humanoid (use against Whispertail), one beast (use against Dusty), one aquatic (use against Pandaren Air Spirit).
  • Burning Pandaren Spirit, level 25 legendary pets (one dragonkin, one elemental, one flying), Townlong Steppes.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is one humanoid (use against dragonkin), one aquatic (use against elemental), one magic (use against flying).
  • Flowing Pandaren Spirit, level 25 legendary pets (one aquatic, one critter, one elemental), Dread Wastes.
    - The best team makeup for defeating this tamer is one flying (use against aquatic), one beast (use against critter), one aquatic (use against elemental).
- NOTE ABOUT THE SUGGESTED TEAM MAKEUPS; these suggested team makeups are suggested based on which type of pets does the most damage to the type of pets the tamers have. I have seen a lot of comments on wowhead about how the suggested makeup is not always the best one because of the abilities of these tamers pets. Since I haven't personally battled these tamers yet, I can't really give you any clear information on this. I suggest taking the time to read some of the comments on wowhead to get more tips for defeating these tamers.
- Completing the Pandaren Spirit Tamer quest will reward the Pandaren Spirit Tamer achievement and open up the Pandaren Spirit Tamer pet battle daily quests.
- Completing this quest will reward you with your choice of four different pets. The three pets you don't choose have a chance to drop from Pandaren Spirit Pet Supplies, which is rewarded for completing the daily quests.

And that's it! Congrats if you've beaten all of these tamers. I'll probably edit this post with more information as I face each of the tamers. Feel free to comment with any information/tips/strategies you have from your experience of battling the world tamers.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply